Sunday, September 26, 2010

BEYOND FUNDAMENTALISM

I just came across a Web site that puts the "mental" in fundamentalism, ApologeticsPress.org. Apologetic can be defined as "serving as or containing a formal justification or defense." In this instance, in defending or proving the truth of the most primitive, anti-intellectual, hyperbolic christian doctrine. It appears that the writing staff lived past lives during the Inquisition, so resolute and truculent is the tone of AP's "principles of truth."
On first perusal, I found the material so outlandish I took it as a tongue-in-cheek attempt at humor. Then I reasoned that the gang at AP had probably been eating mushrooms or licking toads and were harmlessly having a good time tripping. Nooooo, these people are serious!: more's the pity.
At any rate, check it out for yourselves. I think you'll find it the very distillation of delusional thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or question. I'll get back to you ASAP.