Thursday, September 23, 2010

JESUS CHRIST!

There it is gentle creatures of the blogosphere. The most popular exclamation ( I was going to type "ejaculation" instead but didn't want to set the psychopathia sexualis dilettantes spinning into a self-abusive frenzy ) used in the modern world. I admit I sometimes find myself spitting it out in response to sudden anger, astonishment, annoyance, disgust, etc. As an atheist, verbalizing the moniker of the offspring of a very well-known deity can be unnerving. I prefer the old pirate outburst, "Blood and Thunder!," but "Jesus Christ!" explodes out of my mouth at times of sudden stress. This particular expletive is ubiquitous in our society, and having heard it proclaimed so frequently it has, unfortunately, become deeply grooved into my neural network.
The "comments situation" at Blogger has precipitated my use of many inappropriate exclamations lately. Many bloggers ( this one included ) utilizing this host are frustrated by this glitch. Viewer comments simply don't register on the blogs. We are doing monologues rather than discussions. And my investigations at Blogger and various forums have not uncovered a solution. The old adage, "Ya get what ya pay for," has never been more fitting. I'm trying to find a way of linking my e-mail address to my blog rather than mentioning it off-handedly in a post (by the way it's jbkehl@comcast.net ) so viewers who love (or hate) The Madness of the Masses can send their praise or vitriol to the responsible party, me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cogito ergo atheos sum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or question. I'll get back to you ASAP.